Today, children from five different schools within the Arch Alliance came together to celebrate the end of this years Digital Leader Programme.

Throughout the day, children presented their end of year presentations, played quizzes and shared their words of wisdom about being a successful Digital Leader. After that, children took part in a Lego Robotics workshop with Junior Stem and used their programming skills to activate their Lego figures. Thank you Nick, from Junior Stem, for today’s session and for making our Lego projects come to life!

Children thoroughly enjoyed the day! Well done to all of the Digital Leaders for participating in this years Digital Leader Programme.

18 Comments

James Bond · June 14, 2018 at 2:13 pm

My favourite part of the year was going to the cinema and finding out what happens behind the scenes of a cinema. One light can cost up to 2 thousand pounds!
My favourite part of the day was building a functional crocodile out of Lego. We had to follow 45 steps of building and had to us many programming keys. We had a smart hub which connected to a Lenovo tablet and powered our motor and sensor.
Top Tips:
• Be on time for every meeting and give ideas in meetings
• Don’t be afraid to share your ideas in Digital Leader meetings
• Teach others to stay safe online and not to speak to anyone they don’t know
• Help other children and staff inside and outside of computing lessons.

Ethan Russell · June 14, 2018 at 2:14 pm

My favourite thing from today was when we built the Alligator out of Lego and then programmed then using a motor and a motion sensor. There were 45 steps on how to build an alligator out of Lego.

My favourite part of being a digital leader is when we go on trips to different places like the cinema and to Harwood Park today. At the cinema we went behind the scenes to see how they programme the film and how much the screens cost. We also learnt that you can access the movie trailers and adverts all on your laptop or computer at home.

Top tips:
• Don’t give out personal information including your school, where you live, your name and age.
• Stay safe online and don’t speak to anybody you don’t know.
• Be confident to speak to digital leaders in your school on how to work computes or even how to play games on the I pad’s at school.
• Help other children and staff on laptops and I pad’s .

Gracie Shackcloth · June 14, 2018 at 2:15 pm

A top tip for a new digital leader is to make sure they attend every meeting.
What I enjoyed most was when we went to the cinema and we were shown a tour around the behind the scines and how a movie was made.
My favourite memory was when we went into reception and read them the chicken clicking book.

Maicy · June 14, 2018 at 2:16 pm

My favourite part today was building a Lego alligator and programming it to move its mouth. The top tips for being a good digital leader is always be confident, work hard, participate in meetings and give up your lunch time to come to meetings. Thank you Miss Hornsby for making this possible and thank you Nick for teaching us all these amazing things. Well done to all the digital leaders.

Millie Barker-Gorse · June 14, 2018 at 2:17 pm

My favourite part of today was taking part in the Lego Robotics workshop. It was really fun and I know next year it will be coming to our school and I hope that everyone will enjoy it as much as I did. I have really enjoyed this year as well and my favourite thing was working together as a team so we could complete the challenges set. This year we went to the Light Cinema in Bolton as our end of year trip. It was amazing as we were able to go behind the scenes. We looked at the projectors in the back and it was really fun to know how they worked. This year has been amazing for me and I am really happy with the progress I have made.
For new digital leaders always remember to not be frightened to discuss your ideas in meetings. Be confident with lots of different programming apps and any other apps.

Thank you Miss Hornsby for a wonderful year and I will really miss you when I leave.

Max Cross · June 14, 2018 at 2:18 pm

My Favourite Memory – 2017/18
My favourite memory of this year is when we all went to The Light Cinema in Bolton. Thanks to Miguel’s mum, we had a tour of the cinema and the behind the scenes. As a reward for all our hard work we were able to watch Jurassic Park – The Fallen Kingdom.

My Favourite of the day was when we had to follow the 45 steps to make a moving Alligator and program the movements.

Top Tips for Future Digital Leaders…
• Always be resilient and never give up.
• Be confident to speak up in front of people.
• Be confident with digital work and help others.

Darcie Kilcourse · June 14, 2018 at 2:21 pm

My favourite part of being a Digital Leader is learning new programming skills and going to WOW events trying new things. I really enjoyed doing Lego Robotics today because I learnt how to program a robot. I also enjoyed going to the Light cinema in Bolton to see the projectors and how they make the movie play. If you want to be a Digital Leader you need to; be able to speak loudly infront of anyone, be a good at computing and be able to work as a team.
Thank you Miss Hornsby for all you have done to make me an amazing Digital Leader!

Harrison · June 14, 2018 at 2:22 pm

My favourite thing was when we went to Harwood Park and we got to play with Lego robotics and we made some crocodiles and programmed its mouth to open and close. A top tip for the next generation of digital leaders is be confident when you speak in front of others. Thanks Miss Hornsby for being such a great teacher and letting us go on such great trips. Harrison (Heap Bridge Digital Leader)

Miss Hornsby · June 14, 2018 at 4:36 pm

Some really good tips there Digital Leaders- thank you!
An excellent day enjoyed by all! Thank you Nick from Junior Stem and thank you to all the schools, staff and Digital Leaders involved.

Harry · June 21, 2018 at 11:27 am

My favourite part of Digital leaders this year was when filming the games on the ipad with Niall playing a game called Alex. by Harry year 5

Phoebe · June 21, 2018 at 11:27 am

my favourite thing about digital leaders Is when we filmed in the a programing video. I also liked every trip that we went to it was fun.

Autumn(harwood park primary school) · July 4, 2018 at 11:25 am

That was really fun .I enjoyed making the robots.

Autumn(Harwood park primary school) · July 4, 2018 at 11:27 am

That was really fun. I enjoyed making the robots out of Lego.I made a dolphin and platypuses.

Ruby (Harwood Park) · July 4, 2018 at 11:29 am

My favourite part was making the alligator robot. My second favourite part was the Kahoot quiz and lunch time. Thank you Miss Hornsby for organising an enjoyable day.

Eliot · July 4, 2018 at 11:29 am

My favourite part was the kitkats and the robots.
I LOVED making the robot alligator and I loved programming them.

I Love this thank you miss Hornsby and thank you for making this non complicated.

Elliot · July 4, 2018 at 11:30 am

My favourite part was the kitkats and the robots.
I LOVED making the robot alligator and I loved programming them.

I loved this thank you Miss Hornsby and thank you for making this non complicated.

Amy (Harwood Park) · July 4, 2018 at 11:32 am

Since this was my last WOW event and last time being a digital leader I REALLY enjoyed it :). I had fun making the Lego robots move and coding it to do cool things and creating our Lego dolphin. I really enjoyed working with my fellow digital leaders and I have enjoyed my two years being one.

Thank you to everyone that helped organise the event and made it very fun (:

McKenzie (harwood park primary) · July 4, 2018 at 11:35 am

I loved it when Nick came in with the Lego alligator that we had to make and I love the bit where it was moving.